Helping Young Christians Get Started – Discipleship
When we share the gospel, we are going to see some people put their faith in Christ (Romans 1:16-17). Serving these new believers is vital. There are few things in life more gratifying than helping and watching a young Christian grow.
Here are five keys to helping young believers get started…
- Pray faithfully for every new believer, that they would grow in their new faith, that they would be protected from the evil one who wants to snatch away their faith, and that the Holy Spirit would open their minds and hearts to grasp and understand God’s Word, the Bible.
- Don’t delay, get together as soon as possible. Ask questions, listen and share important truth with them from the Bible. Try these resources – here and here. You can also text the name Jesus to 27126 for some great videos to share with new believers.
- Invite them to join you in your youth group, campus ministry and church. Introduce them to your Christian friends and community
- Build a strong relationship with them, make your friendship a priority. Discover what their needs are and how you can be a friend and spiritual help to them.
- Show them how they can share their faith with their friends and others.
For more insight on helping new Christians, click here.
The young Christians we follow-up and disciple are God’s workmanship, his special creation under construction (Ephesians 2:10, Philippians 1:6). We are God’s fellow workers. Our only responsibility is to trust and be where he wants us to be – serving people.