- Sorry, this resource cannot be purchased.
How To Personally Share Your Faith
A school is a tapestry of students with a variety of interests, ethnic backgrounds and personal stories.
But what all students have in common is that they were created to have a relationship with God, and nearly all of them think about God and eternity. The problem is, there is often a shortage of people to share the truth about God, so a lot of inaccurate information floats among students. That’s why we are vital. Jesus said, “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Matthew 9:38) The solution is workers (friends) who pray, care and share. Everyone is needed to share the love and truth of God – students, youth leaders, parents, educators.
The greatest act of love we can show another person is to help introduce them to the One who created them by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Seven Keys To Sharing Christ with Students…
- Pray regularly for students around you. Ask God to open their hearts and minds to see and understand His truth and love. Ask God to give you opportunities to talk with them about God. And ask Him, by the power of the Holy Spirit to give you the words and love to share your faith in Christ.
- Be accepting, relational, inclusive, friendly. Connect by spending time with other students. Can we imagine Jesus being any other way, and we represent Him.
- Ask questions and actively listen. Seek to understand what others think and feel. Ask about their story.
- Tell your story by sharing why you have faith in God. Your story includes your thoughts, values and life before you put your personal trust in God and Jesus Christ. Share what attracted you to Christ and how you invited Him into your life. How has He been helping and changing your thoughts, values and life since you trusted in Him?
- Explain the Gospel in a clear and simple way that helps others understand how they too can receive Christ by faith. This is called gospel fluency, and there are a lot of organizations that can help you in this area… see the resources below.
- Invite students to trust and receive Christ. Explaining how you received Christ helps them know how. It’s a gift that you have already received, and it is gift you can pass on to other students.
- Continue to build the relationship, regardless of how they respond. And for every person who trusts and receives Christ remember that the Bible describes them as a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:16-17). Which means they are a spiritual infant and need what every infant needs: loving care, attention and spiritual food. Share that with them, and invite them to your group and church.
Certainly bringing others to Christ takes courage and steps of faith. But it is the greatest way to love and serve another person.
The Campus Alliance partners have resources to help you connect and share Jesus. Check these out:
- Knowing God Personally
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Cru High School
- Campus Life
- Life In Six Words
- The Four
- Life On Mission
- Alive in Five