How To Personally Share Your Faith
This famous quote by Physicist Blaise Pascal uttered nearly 400 years ago, is very relevant today…
“There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of each man which cannot be satisfied by any created thing but only by God the Creator, made know through Jesus Christ.”
What all students have in common is that they were created to have a relationship with God. Nearly all teens think about God and eternity, the problem is, there is a shortage of people to share the truth and love about God and Jesus Christ, so a lot of inaccurate information floats among students. That puts us in a great position, because we can help meet that need. We just need some ideas and tools to help us. Jesus said, “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Matthew 9:38) Thats us!
The greatest act of love we can show someone is to help introduce them to the God who created them by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Seven Keys To Sharing Christ with Others…
- Pray regularly for the people around you. Ask God to give you a compassion and burden for them. Ask Him to open their hearts and minds to see and understand His truth and love, and pray for opportunities to talk with them about Christ. Ask Him, by the power of the Holy Spirit to give you the love and words to share your faith in Jesus.
- Be friendly, accepting, relational and inclusive. Connect by spending time with other students whether virtually or face to face. Can we imagine Jesus being any other way, and we represent Him.
- Ask questions and actively listen. Seek to understand what others think and feel. Ask about their story.
- Share your story and why you have faith in God. Your story includes your thoughts, values and life before you put your personal trust in Jesus Christ. Share what attracted you to Christ and how you prayed and invited Him into your life. How has He been helping and changing your thoughts, values and life since you trusted in Him?
- Explain the Gospel in a clear and simple way that helps others understand how they too can receive Christ by faith. This is called gospel fluency, and there are a lot of organizations that can help you in this area… see the resources below.
- Invite students to trust and receive Christ. When you invite you are extending to them the gift you have received from God. Help them by explaining how you prayed and put your faith in Jesus.
- Continue to build the relationship, regardless of how they respond. For every person who trusts and receives Christ remember that the Bible describes them as a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:16-17). Which means they are a spiritual infant and need what every infant needs… give them loving attention and spiritual food, and invite them to your group and church.
Bringing others to Christ is a rich experience. It does requires steps of faith, resources and training, and the Campus Alliance partners can help.
Check out these resources:
- Knowing God Personally
- The Three Circles
- Life In Six Words
- The Four
- Alive in Five
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Cru High School
- Message from a Young Life Leader
- Campus Life
- First Priority – How to tell your faith story
- Claim Your Campus
- Decision Point
- Students Standing Strong
- Child Evangelism Fellowship
- Falling Plates
Remember that your responsibility is to simply love people in the power of the Holy Spirit and share the good news of Jesus. God’s brings the results.
There are no reviews yet.